Here are the 10 worst toxins, as discovered by Natural News editor Mike Adams, the Health Ranger:
- Maltodextrin: This is the big one. If any natural product you buy has as one of its ingredients “maltodextrin,” the chances are extremely good that the maltodextrin in your product came from Monsanto’s GM corn.
- Vitamin C/Ascorbic acid: Again, nearly all of the “vitamin C” that is sold across America today comes from GMO corn. It is typically called ascorbic acid; sourcing non-GMO vitamin C typically means you have to go outside the U.S.
- Hexane-extracted soy and rice proteins: Nearly 100 percent of the “natural” soy products sold in the U.S. are extracted in China using the hexane extraction method; anything from China needs to be double-checked for metals content to make sure it’s clean.
- High levels of aluminum in detox products: High aluminum levels (over 1200ppm) were exposed to exist in a popular detox formula causing the main U.S. distributor to issue a “recall” notice and provide over $1 million in refunds to customers.
- Lead and arsenic in herbs from China: China is the most polluted nation on the planet (by far), yet many fruits, vegetables and herbs are grown in China and exported to North America for use in natural products, vitimins and dietary supplements of every type.
- Inorganic minerals in cheap vitamins: The calcium found in cheap vitamins is often just ground-up seashells, and magnesium is often sold as cheap magnesium oxide which may be completely useless to your body’s cells. In fact, the bioavailability of vitamin and supplement products is sometimes only a small fraction of the declared quantity on the label.
- Carrageenan: The Cornucopia Institute recently published a warning about carrageenan in foods. Cornucopia says carrageenan is linked to “gastrointestinal inflammation, including higher rates of colon cancer, in laboratory animals.”
- Acrylamides: These are not technically “ingredients” so they don’t have to be listed on food labels, but they are cancer-causing chemicals produced during the cooking of carbohydrates (like snack chips).
- Hidden MSG: Hidden MSG is a huge issue across the natural products industry.
- Fluoride in green tea: “Green tea is famous for being contaminated with high levels of fluoride. This is frustrating, because green tea is phenomenally good for your health, reports Natural News.