Bikram yoga or hot yoga helps you accomplish your ideal body weight. It also helps you to improve your flexibility, tone and core strength. Bikram yoga maintains your correct posture for that younger look. But are you aware that there are also several benefits of Bikram Yoga for your skin?
A hot yoga can help in cleansing and detoxifying your skin. Detoxification is essential for beauty. It is the process that leads to a flawless, blemish-free skin. Bikram Yoga has to be performed in a heated room and that is where all the benefits start coming in. When you do sessions of hot yoga, it creates the feeling that as if you are inside a sauna room. Once you break out in sweat, the cleansing process takes place. Profuse sweating gives your skin a radiant glow. Bikram yoga also improves the circulation of your blood that helps you get rid of the toxins in your body. Here are some tips to boost the beneficial effects of yoga on your skin:
- Water should be your favorite drink. Water is the best source for hydration. It also oxygenates and hydrates your skin, causing it to be smoother.
- Avoid eating excessive sugary, salty, greasy foods. Here’s a quick tip, eat for nourishment, not for your taste buds, but caution is taken not to create a ‘deprivation’ sensation in your conscious or unconscious psyche.
- Have a healthy and active lifestyle by exercising regularly.
- Be cheerful all the time? No, mindfulness about your present ups and down is key. Laughter, empathy and not taking yourself too seriously is the best medicine and happiness is beauty.
- Avoid over exposure to the sun. Always apply sun screen.
- Have an oil massage at least once a month. This improves your blood circulation resulting in radiant, glowing skin.
- Make sure to have eight hours of sleep every day; this can include very regenerative meditation (Zazen). It regenerates, replenishes and rejuvenates your skin. Thus the term “beauty sleep”.
- Keep a healthy stomach and digestive track. Eat foods that are rich in fiber. Fiber helps the body get rid of these free radicals and toxins. A toxin-free body definitely shows in the skin.
Bikram yoga or a hot yoga practice helps reduce your stress. It is also capable of providing the complete relaxation your body’s craving for. Some of Bikram yoga’s poses helps you treat or avoid diseases by strengthening your immune system. Hot yoga can also help you in having a beautiful skin. It cleanses and detoxifies your body through sweating. Detoxification improves your blood circulation that throws away the toxins in your body. But to be more successful in the process, you must also maintain a healthy and disciplined lifestyle. Remember, a healthy body means a healthy skin.
Source by Abbey Marie Reynolds