Hundreds and thousands of body functions are going on 24×7 in our body, and we are not even aware of even 5% of them. Do we hear the heart beating, or kidneys filtering, or stomach churning the food that we just ate? No! It is when these bodily functions get derailed, we become aware of them and we term it as dis-ease.
In the similar fashion, there are many bacterias that reside in our body for ages, only to make ourselves aware of them when they start disturbing our health economy. H. pylori is one such bacteria. It is estimated that around 50-60% of the total world population hosts H. pylori, but only few of them get affected by it.
What is H. Pylori?
Helicobacter pylori is a type of bacteria that infects our stomach, usually during our childhood. It is one of the most common causes of peptic ulcers and is known to be very obstinate to respond to the treatment. Most people with H. pylori will never have any signs or symptoms, since we may have an innate resistance to its harmful effects.
· Severe and persistent abdominal pain
· Fullness or bloating of the abdomen
· Burning in the food pipe and stomach
· Nausea and vomiting
· Frequent eructations (burping)
· Dark colored vomit or black tarry stools
· In severe case, difficulty in swallowing
o Ulcers in the stomach wall
o Inflammation of the stomach lining (gastritis)
o Severe mal-absorption leading to weight loss
H. pylori infection can spread through direct contact with saliva or vomit/fecal matter. It can thus be spread through contaminated food or water. Thus a poor hygiene is the primary culprit behind the spread of this worldwide infection.
· Severe anxiety
· Type A personalities
· Surprisingly, spicy food has been proved to have minimal role
· Blood test to detect specific antibodies
· Upper gastric tract endoscopy
· Urea breath test
Allopathic mode of treatment primarily includes antibiotics to kill the bacteria in association with various kinds of medicines to reduce the acidity of the stomach. For those who have got peptic ulcers, surgical correction adds to the treatment plan in addition to the above.
The primary aim of homeopathic treatment is targeted towards restoring the constitutional balance within, to aid in setting the body-equilibrium. It is achieved by carefully selecting an appropriately suited remedy for an individual patient, considering the various characteristics at the physical, emotional and intellectual sphere. A professional is trained in ascertaining these qualities and analysing them to arrive at the most-similar remedy selection.
Homeopathic treatment of H. Pylori infection involves two approaches:
1. Treating the acute symptom picture with a remedy selected on the basis of disease picture alone. Remedies like Carbo veg, Arsenic album, Nux vomica, Robinia and Anacardium have proved to act wonderfully in acute exacerbations of the underlying chronic ailment
2. Supporting the acute remedies with a constitutional deep-acting remedy that will set the basic constitution at its equilibrium, thus restoring and maintaining the health for longer time period. This medicine varies from person to person and is thus selected by a professional homeopath.
Source by Amit Karkare