As most of you who are involved with bodybuilding and fitness are already aware of, protein is a very crucial nutrient to build pure muscle, lose fat and in general keep you healthy. The sources to intake protein are supplements and protein rich foods. Although supplementation has become a necessity, especially in bodybuilding, you cannot rely solely on protein shakes, or any other form of supplements such as creatine, amino acids, glutamine, etc.
So, you if you haven’t already started yet, you should search for protein rich foods in order to organize a meal plan, which will provide to your body the daily amount of protein, which is necessary to grow your muscles optimally. There are hundreds or even thousands of protein rich foods in the market. We will give you a list though, with the most common and most accessible ones.
• Chicken breast 4 ounces (115 grams) 30 grams of protein
• Skinless Turkey 4 ounces (115 grams) 33 ~ ~ ~
• Beef 4 ounces (115 grams) 30 ~ ~ ~
• Pork 4 ounces (115 grams) 25 ~ ~ ~
• One large egg white 5 grams of protein
• Milk 1 cup (200 grams) 8 ~ ~ ~
• Cottage cheese 100 grams 17 grams of protein and 4 grams fat
• Parmesan 100 grams 36 grams of protein but also 26 grams fat!
• Yoghurt 100 grams 8 grams of protein
• Brown Rice 1 cup 5 grams of protein
• Oats 100 grams 11 ~ ~ ~
• Tuna 4 ounces 25 grams of protein
• Sardines 4 ounces 20 ~ ~ ~
• Salmon 4 ounces 19 ~ ~ ~
ALMONDS AND NUTS
16 grams of protein per half a cup
This is a list with some of the most easy to find protein rich foods. It is understandable that there are many more foods, which would qualify for your bodybuilding protein plan. Make sure that you calculate the amount of protein you need per day by taking under consideration that in order to build muscle you must intake two grams of protein per each gram of body-weight. Divide your meals so that you have one every three to four hours. That way you allow your body to digest the proteins and help you build muscles.
If you do that and combine it with hard training, proper rest between workouts and with a high quality protein shake you will definitely see on your body the results you are aiming for. Above all, be patient and persistent. That is all bodybuilding is about.
Keep those muscles pumping!
Source by Chris G Pap