Human impact on the environment can have both positive and negative impact. There are so many things, which we do in our day to day life, that impact the earth we live in, some way or the other.
Here is a list of things, which will help in reducing the negative human impact on the environment. These things will help conserve water, energy and resources.
Water is the most precious natural resource known to mankind. Fresh water is becoming scarce, each passing day and these simple tips will help in conserving it.
- We tend to waste a lot of water during our day to day tasks. How you ever calculated the amount of water, humans waste, while doing simple tasks like brushing, shaving, washing the face and hands. Most of us have the habit of keeping the tap open, while performing these simple daily routines. A simple lifestyle change of closing the tap, while doing these tasks can help save a lot of water.
- Showers are great but they also waste millions of gallons of water each year. Let us share a surprising fact. If you reduce period of shower by even two minutes, you will end up saving 150 gallons of water each month.
- Fixing a broken flush or repairing a leaky faucet, will help conserve water.
Energy has one of the biggest impacts on environment. Most of our energy needs are met by depleting natural resources and its generation causes a lot of pollution. If you learn to conserve energy, you will help save the environment and save money on energy bills.
- Switch to renewable sources of energy. Solar and wind power have gained a lot of popularity. Many homes and offices have started using these amazing sources of power, which has helped them reduce their energy bills.
- Turn off the lights or any other power appliance, when not in use. Keeping electrical appliances on standby results in lots of wastage.
- Buy energy efficient products. Switch to CFL lights as they consume less energy and last longer. Lower the thermostat in winter and increase it in summer. This simple step will result, in substantial saving of money and energy.
Natural resources, which were once found in abundance all over the world, are depleting at a faster rate, than previously thought of.
- Reuse and recycle, should be the new magic words, which everyone must chant and practice. Recycling and reusing things will help keep them away from landfills, which are already choking.
- Try and reduce consumption and when you do choose to buy, opt for eco friendly products. There are a number of products, which are made from recycled waste. You can look for this information on the labels of the products you buy.
These simple tips to save water, energy and resources, will help reduce the human impact on the environment.
Source by Rahul Shariff