Food is not an enemy. Eating the right foods can actually help you lose weight. Here is the list of some super foods:
1. Olive oil. Olive oil is monounsaturated oil. Use it extensively in cooking.
Not all fats are bad. Some fats are essential for health. Don’t think that avoiding fat will make you slim. Good fats will help satisfy your hunger so you will eat less food that contains sugar (simple carbohydrates).
2. Fish. Fish contains Omega-3 fatty acid which is essential for health and can also help you lose weight and at the same time satisfy your cravings for fatty food.
3. Flax seed. Flax seed contains Omega-3 fatty acid. You can add ground flax seed to your morning shakes, soups and salads. It has very pleasant nutty taste.
4. Berries. They are low in calories and high in antioxidants. They will satisfy your hunger so you’ll eat less and at the same time they will contribute to your health. Add mixed berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc) to your morning shakes.
5. Tofu. Tofu is a source of vegetable protein. It will satisfy your hunger and is beneficial for health. Since tofu is tasteless it can be added practically to anything without adding an undesirable taste. Add it to stir-fries and morning shakes. Possible uses of tofu are really limited to your imagination.
6. Pumpkin seeds. This is a vegetable source of protein. It can also help get rid of parasites. You can snack on pumpkin seeds or use ground seeds in shakes, salads and main dishes.
7. Almond. This is a source of essential fatty acids as well as vitamins and minerals. Use it as a snack or in your cooking.
8. Green and white teas. They are high in antioxidant content and promote weight loss. Drink at least 4 cups a day. White tea contains less caffeine than green tea.
9. Legumes. Kidney beans, red beans, chickpeas, lentils – all of them are sources of vegetable protein. They are good for health and weight loss. Use them in soups, salads, pâtés or in different specialty recipes (hummus, for example, with chickpeas).
10. Apples. Apples are low in calories and high in vitamins and minerals. They can help fill you up without adding lots of calories or unhealthy substances. Eat them alone, away from meals, preferably in the morning.
Replace some of the unhealthy foods that contribute to your weight gain with these alternatives. You won’t be hungry, your health will improve and you will lose weight.
Source by Lynn Alex