There are many factors that cause the body to experience inflammation. Sometimes tissue damage may play a part, and sometimes infection will cause inflammation. Genetics plays a big role because illnesses like rheumatoid arthritis can be passed on through families. Diet and germs may also contribute to inflammation because the food you eat and the germs and pollutants in your environment may cause flair ups.
There are also many foods that may cause inflammation like sugar, certain oils and fatty acids. In order to reduce inflammation naturally, you will need to avoid junk food, fast food and sugary drinks and candy.
In order to decrease the likelihood of inflammation, you will want to eat the kinds of food that are better for your overall health. These foods will not only reduce inflammation naturally but they will also give you an overall feeling of well-being.
What you put on your plate can actually help you in fighting inflammation. The essential elements that you will need to help you in your fight are Quercetin, Omega 3 fatty acids, Capsacain, Gingerols, Bromelain, and Curcumin. You will find these in spices, chili peppers, ginger and turmeric.
Here are 5 great foods that will help you lower the chances of inflammation naturally:
- Fruits, such as apples and cherries, are high in Quercetin and will therefore help reduce inflammation.
- Vegetables, such as cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and kale will help to significantly and naturally reduce inflammation.
- Onions and Garlic, the bad breath duo, are two of the best foods for all sorts of ailments. They are noted to cure or relieve a large number of illnesses that plague the human body. They have absolutely wonderful healing qualities and again they are very rich in Quercetin.
- Pineapples, rich in Bromelain, are great for relieving inflammation. They help to keep the pain and swelling at bay.
- Omega 3 Oils, found in oily type fish such as herring, salmon, sardines and mackerel, work wonderfully well and are a great and natural way to fight inflammation naturally.
So if you are suffering from inflammation and do not want to use medication prescribed by doctors, learn to reduce inflammation naturally by eating the 5 foods used to fight inflammation.
Source by Jody Leadbitter