According to Chinese Medicine, Jewish Wisdom and energy medicine practitioners of all stripes, having a strong Spleen Meridian is crucial to preventing depression.
If having a lot of energy flowing through Spleen is so important when it comes to beating depression, then you need to know what might be weakening it. We’re all individuals, and we all have different sensitivities and tolerances, so the following information should be used as a guideline, not as a rulebook.
One person may be able to eat bright-blue coloured candies every single day, without it really affecting them, whereas a single M&M could be enough to completely whack-out someone else’s Spleen energy.
The basic idea is that the fewer toxic things you expose yourself to, the stronger your spleen meridian will get.
Stuff that takes out your spleen:
- Environmental pollution – like car fumes, toxins, chemicals, radiation
- Food additives – especially E-numbers and MSG
- Unhealthy food – fast food, junk food, pretty much anything you just need to microwave to eat
- Heavy-duty stress – the type that’s keeping you awake at night, or making you physically sick
- Electro-magnetic energy (think PCs, mobiles, WiFi, microwaves)
- Negative emotions – particularly anger and fear, and especially if you’re repressing them, or not consciously acknowledging them
- Angry, critical, selfish or demanding people – especially if you’re spending a lot of time around them, or if they’re particularly close to you, relationship-wise
A super-easy way to get your Spleen Meridian zinging along is to go and visit and licenced acupressurist or acupuncturist. But it’s pretty easy to energize Spleen Meridian for free, in the comfort of your own home, by:
- Regularly tapping the Spleen points on both sides of your body, just under the breasts – tap away a couple of times a day.
- Tracing the Spleen Meridian with your hand, a few times a day.
- Strengthening your Spleen Acupressure Points (you can find lots of helpful diagrams for what these are, and where they are, on the internet.)
- Dancing, as vigorously as you can, for at least five minutes’ a day.
Even if you just pick one of these techniques to try, like boogying away to your favourite Bee Gees album in your kitchen at least once a day, you should see some fast results in how much energy you have, and how much more positive and ‘lighter’ you feel.
Source by Rivka Levy