If you are looking for the best antioxidant supplement super-foods, you may already know that a foods antioxidant nutrition is measured by it’s ORAC value – Oxygen Radical Absorbency Capacity – the antioxidant capacity found in a biological sample.
Many foods are now tested using this methodology, where various berries, vegetables and fruits, most notably maqui, acai, pomegranate, goji fruit and resveratrol are ranked quite high.
We all know that eating plenty of fruit is great for us – no-one needs to explain that – as you simply feel it after you’ve eaten it; light, refreshed, cleansed and re-hydrated.
In a recent study carried out by USDA data on foods with high ORAC scores, 277 foods were listed as the most common foods which should be consumed by U.S. citizens, these being seeds, spices, berries, fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains.
So why is this?
Anti-oxidant foods are now known to help fight the free radicals which cause the following:
- General Weakness – toxins can effect muscles leading to physical reduction in strength.
- Weight gain – toxins will lead to an increase in body mass.
- Illness – toxins decrease your bodies defenses against viruses.
- Premature aging – toxins lead to dry and bad skin which ignites the aging process.
- Exhaustion – toxins slow down your metabolism which make you get tired much faster.
So one way we can counteract these daily toxins is to take organic toxin busters, foods rich in anthocyanins – the cells which fight these harmful chemicals – so we can ideally:
- Become More Energetic – Increase your metabolism
- Feel Healthier – Give your body the opportunity to fight disease’s.
- Look Better – Increase vitality in your skin, hair and nails.
- Have Younger Healthier Skin – Slow down your aging process.
- Lose Weight – Cleanse the free-radicals in your body which will stop you gaining weight.
Source by Rob R Carmichael