Ladies, do you feel depressed or overwhelmed by your moods? Men, do you frequently have low energy or can’t focus? Did you know that this could be from a lack of serotonin in women and dopamine in men? These are brain chemicals and when they’re at normal levels they create a sense of well being and contentment.
Many experts, including among others, John Gray, PhD., world-famous author suggests that we can create health, happiness and lasting romance by following a simple nutrition and exercise routine, as well as putting into practice some relationship and communication skills he recommends. The nutrition program helps the body create more serotonin and dopamine just by giving it the nutrients it needs each day, many of which we’re not getting in our foods any more.
Dr. Gray says:
“… works immediately for more than 90 percent of the people who try it. The program is so easy to apply that almost everyone who tries it benefits immediately. Many, under the supervision of their doctors, have gradually gone off such psychoactive medications as Prozac. Thousands of overweight people have lost and kept off their extra weight in just a few weeks. Every day I hear the stories of increased health, energy, successful weight management, and better sleep at night.
Do you know if your serotonin or dopamine level is low? Take a test to see if you’re deficient in these vital brain chemicals.
Take this test:
Find Out if you’re deficient in the vital brain chemicals that help make you healthy and happy.
1) Do you have lots of energy and passion at work but not at home? Work is stimulating and challenging, but when you get home, you don’t have energy?
2) Have you found that your interest and passion declined as your relationship with your partner/spouse continued over the years? You find you avoid eye contact, you’re distracted, and conversations with her are dull?
3) Are you inattentive and impatient? Have you lost interest in what your partner talks about and can’t focus your attention on what she’s saying?
4) Are you impulsive? You can’t take time to think through a problem or reflect on your feelings?
5) Are you forgetful? Does your motivation drop and you forget, but you can always remember football games, important business calls, or problems at work?
6) Are you solution oriented with your spouse? You always want to solve her problems right away or talk her out of her emotional upset?
7) Are you unavailable emotionally? Do you need to go somewhere by yourself in your home for long periods and you can’t devote time to listen to your partner?
8) Do you have tunnel vision? You can focus only on big problems and you ignore the little ones? And even if you know the little ones, you have no energy to put your attention to solving them?
9) Are you bored and have addictions? Are you bored with most normal life experiences and have developed addictions to escape this boredom? Addictive substances or behaviors such as excessive sports, video games, alcohol, drugs, smoking, sugar, coffee, overworking, oversleeping, over-exercising, excessive TV watching?
10) Do you need space and distance after sex? Do you fall asleep right away after sex?
1) Do you have what Dr. Gray calls temporary amnesia? You’re hungry and your partner waits a while to get food. Your blood sugar level drops and during this period you forget any good thing your partner/spouse has ever done?
2) Do you have sudden mood changes?
3) Are you needy at lot of the time? You’re less autonomous that normal?
4) Do you give too much…often being driven by feelings of excessive caring, obligation and responsibility for others? Do you fail to give yourself what you need?
5) Are you resentful and hurt when you give too much?
6) Do you have unrealistic expectations, thinking that your partner knows the way you feel and think? (According to Dr. Gray, most men don’t have a clue what women think and feel.)
7) Do you feel a need to help your partner even though he may not be asking for help? You’re wanting to change him to improve him and you offer unsolicited advice?
8) Do you feel overwhelmed? There is too much to do and too little time to do it? You want to always please others?
9) Are you depressed? (These are signs of depression: chronic distress and despair; strong feelings of guilt and regret; feelings of isolation, abandonment and hopelessness; indifference toward life and relationships; inhibited sex drive; numbness or flatness of feeling; inability to sleep at night; lack of passion or interest; resistance to having fun; unwillingness to make relationships work; chronic fatigue; little or excessive hunger.)
10) Are you obese and do you eat emotionally to avoid or minimize your feelings of depression?
If you answered YES to 5 or more of these, you may have a brain chemical imbalance. And according to Dr. Gray, most of us have DO have an imbalance in brain chemistry.
How do we correct the deficiencies and imbalances that may be creating our feelings of depression and overwhelm, ladies, or feeling lack of energy or not being able to focus, men? The MAGIC KEY for all of us is in our diets…it’s what we eat that greatly affects our health, happiness and love life.
Gray says,”A perfect” diet contains no sugar, no dairy, no bread, no processed foods, no hydrogenated fats. While attending with a Nobel Prize winning MD practicing in Mexico, every day, I witnessed patients who stopped addictions without any withdrawal symptoms by means of intravenous amino acid supplementation. Patients could come in high on heroin or cocaine and leave in nine days free from addictive cravings…
“Tears of joy would come to their eyes as they shared how happy they were. For the first time in theirs lives, such patients were producing healthy amounts of brain chemicals. All their unhealthy cravings seemingly vanished.”
Gray’s quest to find a natural way of getting the amino acids our bodies need so that we wouldn’t have to travel to Mexico or get them intravenously. He found a nutrient-dense breakfast meal replacement shake that was rich in the amino acids he was looking for. All he had to do was eat his amino acids.
It is easy to lose weight, because the amino acid supplementation takes away all cravings for extra food. Correct brain chemistry gives us relaxation and endless energy. With this support for our brain, we stop overeating to get more energy or to find comfort. Think about learning more about brain chemistry in your pursuit of optimal health.