6-days on, 1-day off diet or, the “Day-Off Diet” – Simply put, the basics of good nutrition are followed during the week with one day to catch up on your favorite snacks, desserts, treats and generally the junk food we all enjoy. Taste, palatability, satisfaction of salty, sugary and fried foods are usually the culprits of long-term health problems. But, as you may suspect, after cutting down on toxic, hard to digest, poor nutrition and inflammation causing foods during most of the week, you have trimmed way down on the dietary causes of disease and lowered immunity. Amazingly, across the range of studies on this diet, the “Day Off” of a health-wise diet does not bring a flood of garbage into your system. People tend to nibble on the rich tasty treats, not binge and gorge on the junk. It is a win-win proposition but the 6-days “On” should be eased into the diet, not foist into your comfort-zone and cause a feeling of deprivation. Deprevation is the mother of all dieting failures – it is depressing, anxiety-provoking, frustrating and leads to impulsive comforts which lower self-esteem and confidence.
What is the 3 day On 4 day off diet ?
This is quite simply a starvation diet that requires you to starve yourself for 3 days by eating an extremely low amount of calories and then go back off the diet for 4 days. The idea is that you will lose a great amount of weight on your 3 starvation days and then use the other 4 days to keep your metabolism up. While the idea of keeping your metabolism up is a good one. The overall methodology of this diet is extremely flawed.
What are the problems with this diet?
1. It’s torture to make it through the 3 days.
2. You may mess up your metabolism by starving yourself.
3. It’s not a long term solution to weight loss.
4. You will likely gain all your weight back.
5. You will not learn how to eat properly.
6. You will continue to “Yo-Yo” up & down.
7. You will feel weak during your 3 days on.
What’s a better alternative?
The Day Off Diet is a far superior alternative that can help you to lose weight fast but most importantly will help you to lose weight over the long term and to keep that weight off.
What makes The Day Off Diet so effective?
1. You will satisfy your cravings with a “day off” once a week.
2. You will boost your metabolism with that “day off.”
3. You will learn the right foods to eat.
4. There is no calorie counting or carb counting.
5. You will never go hungry with “green light” foods.
6. It is incredibly easy to follow.
7. You will enjoy your social life on your “day off.”
By Kayla Schwinner & Guy Clark