Blood Circulation plays a very important role in our general health. Having poor blood circulation can causes many health problems such as heart attack, kidney failure, diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, etc. This is because our body does not receive enough of the nutrients and oxygen that they need to work properly. So, it is important to improve blood circulation for healthy functioning of all the body organs.
There are many way to improve blood circulation such as diet rich in nutrient, massage, exercise, etc. One of the simple way to improve blood circulation level is diet rich in nutrient. Let’s review some foods that help increase blood circulation:
1. Garlic has the ability to improve blood flow and prevent plaque build up in arteries. You can use garlic in raw or supplement form.
2. Ginkgo Biloba is believed to be used to increase blood circulation to the brain and other parts of the body.
3. Nuts and Seeds are rich in Vitamin E which help prevents blood clotting. You can eat almonds, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sesame seed, walnuts, Brazil nuts and sunflower seeds.
4. Dark chocolate contains a large number of flavonoids that are most beneficial to improve blood flow and and reduce the risk of blood clot associated with stroke and heart attack. A study found that people who consuming 100 grams of dark chocolate every day for two weeks can help keep your heart and improve circulation.
5. Olive oil contains the highest level of phenolic antioxidants which can reduce your risk of heart disease and promote a healthy circulatory system. Consuming 2 to 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil a day can promote good heart health.
6. Fish is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which can help prevent a buildup of plaque thereby improving healthy blood circulation. The American Heart Association recommends eat a fish (such as mackerel,lake trout, salmon, sardines, and tuna) at least least twice a week.
7. Watermelon contains good source of lycopene which can help prevents plaque build up in your arteries thus improving circulation.
8. Oranges are highly rich in Vitamin C and bioflavonoids help increase blood flow in your body and strengthen walls of blood vessels.
9. Cinnamon contains chemical compound cinnamaldehyde, which help prevent platelet aggregation (the clumping together of blood cells) and improves blood circulation.
10. Ginger root are well known to stimulates circulation and blood flow to all organs. It is also good for heart health and has many other health benefits.
Source by Patrick Tjandra