If you want to know how to copycat Chipotle restaurant recipes, this article will show you how!
Any of the mouth-watering meals that you pay a decent amount for can easily be made in your own home for a fraction of the cost. Here are some tips that can help you recreate your favorite dish:
1. In some cases, the restaurant will have the recipe available for purchase, whether it be online or in the restaurant itself. Simply asking a waitress can get you the recipe, maybe even for free.
2. You can also play a guessing game and try to figure out, for yourself, what the meal consists of. Get takeout and invite some friends over who know their food. Then eat and throw some ideas around about what goes into each dish.
A lot of the time, the menu tells you the main ingredients that go into the dish. Write down everything that is on the menu and take it home with you. You can even take a picture of the food so you know what it is supposed to look like when you are done preparing it. This is a good technique because often times we will forget main ingredients and this will show you everything that is in the meal.
If you are a regular at the restaurant, you can always make friends with the waitress and ask her what goes into the meal.
3. If you find it hard to get the recipe, try asking your friends or other people at the restaurant how they think the food is made. Complimenting the chef on his cooking might also allow you to obtain a recipe.
4. A lot of the time, chefs will have cooking classes that you can take for a price. During the class you will be able to see how the chef cooks the food; you will also be able to taste it at the end. Make sure that you take notes as to what spices and ingredients go into the dish as they will not be written down and handed to you.
And to get you started, here is a recipe for Chipotle’s Red Hot Salsa:
10 to 20 grams dry Arbol chiles (choose based on desired heat)
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon of sesame seeds, toasted
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon Mexican organo
pinch of salt
1. Combine all of the ingredients, except for the oil in a blender. Blend on low speed
for around ten seconds.
2. Very slowly drizzle the olive oil into blender while still on low speed.
3. Chill salsa for at least one hour before serving.
Source by Choy Chang