Are you having acid reflux sore throat? Do you feel sick and tired of the burning sensation in your throat? If you’re having those kinds of condition (or perhaps even worse?), then you’ll want to read this article. Specifically we’ll go over on the cause of the sore throat itself and some useful tips to relief the acid reflux which causing sore throat in the first place. After reading this article, you’ll know why are you constantly having sore throat when your reflux flares up and know exactly what to do to overcome it.
Acid reflux sore throat is caused by the constant flow of stomach acid in the esophagus. Normally stomach acid wouldn’t flow upwards toward the throat. But because of the weak muscle condition of the lower esophageal sphincter, it will allow partially digested foods containing traces of stomach acid to flow to the mouth through the alimentary canal thus causing sore throat. But fear not. This simple condition can be treated with these simple steps.
- Gargling with warm water mixed with a sufficient amount of table salt.
- Drinking lots of water.
- Proper sleep posture, head elevated (to prevent acid from flowing to the mouth) and try to keep your mouth closed to prevent dry throat.
- Induce more saliva, as it contains natural bicarbonate which helps to neutralize acid. Try eating some candy.
- Taking rest by sleeping some extra hours will also help in quicker healing.
- Try using vaporizers or humidifiers to soothe the pain in the throat. Don’t be tempted to eat ice cream and cold drinks for the sore throat.
- For a long term solution, you should try a proper acid reflux diet that will not worsen the condition any further.
Overcoming acid reflux sore throat isn’t very hard once you apply these 7 simple tips. Now go use these tips and you can rest easy without having to feel the burning sensation in your throat again!
Source by Ditto R K