The demands and pace of modern day life can lead to stress and anxiety. On a regular basis, we are dealing with the stresses of work, commute, family, bills, and other responsibilities. Stress is often overlooked but it is important to minimize stress and find relief because it can be harmful to your health and quality of life. Stress can lead to heart issues, headaches, high blood pressure, digestion issues, depression, and other strains to the body. Fortunately, there are simple ways that you can reduce stress by activities such as exercising, eating healthy, and taking herbs for relaxation.
Here are some tips on how you can reduce stress in your life and make some steps towards improving your well-being.
1. Try to dedicate some time to meditation. Find some quiet time during your day to clear your mind and breathe. Just 10 minutes is all you need to take out of your busy day. Find a quiet place in your home to sit still, close your eyes, and concentrate on only your breath. You may find your mind wandering back to all the stressful aspects of life but with time, you will learn to focus your mind to the present moment.
2. Take herbs for stress and relaxation. There are many natural options available to help provide stress relief. Some herbs and supplements include Seditol, St. John’s Wort, Valerian, Passion Flower, Scull Cap, Hops, Chamomile, and Gingko. These herbs have shown to promote tranquility and mood stability.
3. Get the recommended 7-9 hours of Sleep. The body needs rest in order to endure the day’s activities and to be alert. Sleep will also strengthen your immune system to prevent illness.
4. Eat healthy foods and avoid overeating. Eat foods that strengthen your body and provide energy throughout your day. Try to incorporate fruits and vegetables into your meals as well as whole grains. Stress can often time lead to overeating without realizing it. Make an effort to cook meals and avoid eating unhealthy fast foods.
5. Get exercise on a regular basis. Getting exercise can reduce stress by relieving tension in your muscles as well as releasing endorphins that give you energy and leave you feeling energetic. Practicing Yoga can provide exercise as well as a means of meditation and reflection.
6. Prioritize how you spend your time. Stress can be due to a hectic schedule and feeling overwhelmed. Be more deliberate in how you spend your time and make some tough decisions to eliminate some tasks if necessary. Maintaining a calendar or checklist can help keep you more organized and in control.
7. Talk to a therapist. If there are serious causes of stress in your life, try talking to a professional who can provide advice and some objective perspective. A therapist can also recommended further actions for you to take to relieve stress.
Take the steps that you work for you in reducing stress and promoting relaxation. There may be some activities that are more or less effective for you. It is recommended that you consult with a professional before adopting a new diet or take supplements.
Source by Debbie Y.